2015

1/01/2015

As I sit here listening to a playlist named "Spotlight on 2015" I feel ready for the year ahead more than I have ever done before. Maybe it's because I'm going into it, after just turning 18? Or maybe because I have a lot of exciting ventures planned and in preparation? What I do know is this; that 2014 grew into the year that I became my, as cliché as it sounds, true self.

When it reached the final day of 2014, it felt like it had approached too soon (like always) but now looking back, a freaking lot has happened this past year. It began on a very low. I was left not knowing what I was doing, where I was. I'd drifted from friends, a best friend and a set path I was meant, or made to feel like I was meant to be on.

But in the end, fortunately, 2014 proved me wrong. I wasn't in a dead-end year as much as I persuaded myself I was. I began living a healthier lifestyle by introducing a more balanced diet and a regular exercise regime. I initiated making myself a happier self, caring less about others opinions of me, concentrating on the good people in my life and for once being that little bit selfish. And God, did I need it. I can very comfortably say I have reached a point in my life where I have been able to admit I was immensely happy with my appearance, my interests: me as a whole.

My year continued to get better when I met some of the loveliest people I have ever met through getting back into education and finally making a decision to study live events. Hand on my heart I have never felt as comfortable with a bunch of people than I do with what we call "the college lot". After only knowing them for a few months, even after a few weeks, I knew I'd met my life-long friends here.

Overall, I've learnt that you can't go a year without something drastic happening within your family or your friendship group; you can't get through a year though without trying to see the best out of every single situation, and this is something I'll keep with me for many years to come.

So I ended the year how I plan to see through 2015; full with friends, laughter, plans, and a few drinks of course... and a few more.

And finally.. yes this does mean I'm blogging again. And I'm planning to do so a lot more than last year (I say it every year I know but give a girl a break). I hope you can all see your positives of 2014 as small as they may be and wish you a very Happy New Year.

Chloe


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I can't tell you how lovely it was to see your blog appear on my dashboard again Chloe; it's so great to see you blogging once more as your blog has always been a personal favourite of mine. I hope you've had a really lovely christmas and new year, and hope 2015 is kind to you. xx

    http://realityleaveslotstoimagination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Chloe. It's people like you that make me want to carry on and blog more!
      I had a wonderful Christmas and hope you did too.
      xxx

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe