imPRESS nails

7/21/2014


My nails have always been something that I don't know what to do with. After trying many options, I end up leaving them well alone. 

My trouble: 
Painting them is a pain, it's never long lasting and takes up so much time.
Nail extensions become expensive if you keep having infills, and nail beds can get ruined.
Do-it-at-home fake nails are the MOST IRRITATING THINGS EVER. I won't even begin to tell you how many things I get the glue over. Too much.

Until recently, I steered clear of the whole DIY fake nails because of the mess they leave behind. Of course there are the "ready glued" nails, BUT DO THEY EVER WORK? NO.
I believed that until I tried imPRESS nails. They've been around for a while now and I'd be surprised if you haven't heard of them before, but it wasn't until recently that they became my go-to manicure fix.

imPRESS nails come with adhesive already applied to the nail. This adhesive technology was 6 years in the making and has been produced to last up to one week of wear (if applied correctly). It's not harmful to your nails, and can be easily removed, leaving your nails in the same condition prior to application. The top coat of the nails is shiny, giving that gel effect. Unlike glue they are very easy to apply, leaving you able to put them on, on the go.

Before applying imPRESS nails you need to remove any polish you're wearing beforehand. You then take the prep pad that's included in the pack (This will be stuck onto the paper part in the box, so don't miss it) and cleanse your nails with it. This will maximize the duration of your manicure so don't forget this part. Leaving this part out will dramatically change how imPRESS works for you - I learnt the hard way! After choosing the correct size nails to use for your natural nails you simply place them on and then smooth down, and to the sides, firmly. And that's it! 

imPRESS really are as easy as that and they look great too. You can buy them in Boots for £7.99, and they're often included in 3 for 2 offers.



These actually do last nearly a week every time I have used them, and stay in perfect condition for the duration.
Overall, I'm imPRESSed! Yeah I actually did that.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. They sound so quick and easy! So good that they last for a decent amount of time too, I remember having press on nails when I was a teenager and they would pop off almost as soon as I'd put them on! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember trying the love heart press on nails when I was younger and they wouldn't even last the day! These are seriously impressive!

      Delete
  2. I love dark nails, they just go with anything!
    Thanks for sharing! Sam - https://bertiesclothing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe