New Year, New Achievements

1/05/2013

I know this is probably a bit late but as it's my first January post and my first 2013 post 'HAPPY NEW YEAR'. Firstly, I hope you've all had a fabulous Christmas as I have, and are hopefully planning to have a great 2013!


(source)
So... As the past year nears an end, it's more than likely that a lot of people are asked 'what's your New Year's resolution?'. Every year I give an answer; however, this time I haven't had one to give. I've decided I don't like the idea of resolutions because people make them, already knowing they'll break them (I'm not saying everyone), which I myself admit I've done before.






This year I want to try something different; setting myself small things I'd like to 'achieve' and set them monthly or within a time limit I see necessary. This way I hope that I will achieve more as I won't just tell myself I've got a whole year to try and complete my resolution and so breaking it won't matter. Personally, each year I don't feel a great sense of any achievement really and this year I'd really like to have that. Not only do I wish that these 'little goals' will be easier to reach, but that I can build upon them to make them so much better than I'd first liked! And as I'm sitting here thinking this over as I write, I'm beginning to look forward to these more than I ever have the well known New Year's Resolution. For some of these goals I do have a particular time frame in mind, where as others I'd like to be ongoing and hope become no longer goals but something I just do regularly. Anyway, here are some I've already thought of....
  • Blog More: I really do love publishing posts and get a lot of satisfaction from it; so the more I do it, the better. Ideally I'd like to post a lot more than I do but with school AND THEN homework AND THEN the revision I'm expected to do, I don't have a lot of spare time to write about stuff which has nothing to do with poetry or the functions of cells. So this goal isn't huge, but I'm setting myself the '2 posts a month' goal which doesn't seem much at all really but then I guess it's just easier to achieve! :)

  • Be More Organised: My Mum is the most organised person I know, it's amazing how she can fit everything in and arrange it so well. Unfortunately, I haven't inherited this trait from her as I leave everything until the last minute and forget so much. I wouldn't say my life's hectic, but it would be so much easier if I was organised (I'm including tidier in this) and less stressful, which leads on to my next goal/achievement thingy. So because of this, I'm hoping to organise what I do, when I do it. Also having to organise a party for my Mum's birthday with my Dad soon means I need to get some practice in organising myself before I have to organise him too! (HELP!)

  • Stress Less: I get stressed regularly which I'm always getting told isn't good for me. I'm not 100% sure why I get stressed but whatever it is I make it so much worse for myself. I over think a hell of a lot and I'm one of those people who will end up becoming stressed because they're stressed (make sense?). I'm 16, and stress really isn't something I should be having a lot of. As well as being more organised, which I'm sure will help with this, I need to start allowing 'me time' where I'm not doing something which HAS to be done and just take some of the pressure off of myself.

  • Spend More Time With Friends: Luckily my friends don't add to my stress and most of them are pretty laid back. Spending more time with them and forgetting about everything else I need to do will definitely help me feel so much happier and stress free!

  • Make January A Better Month: After Christmas my family aren't the most cheerful people, most people aren't. It feels a bit like they're half hibernating.. I don't know, it's weird. I must admit, I end up feeling like this too once Christmas is over  (and I'm not the one who's spent a lot of money). :( So this year I'm going to try and bring out the best in January and hopefully get them to see it too! :)

This is all I can think of at this moment in time but I'll be sure to jot some more down when I think of them! Throughout the year some will obviously differ and new ones will be made. I don't think I've set myself too big a task so I'm sure I'll be fine at achieving most of these, if not all. Hopefully at the end of this year, which will come round too fast, I'll be able to look back at all these little goal/achievement thingys and be like "yeah, I did that!". BRING ON 2013

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe